TAKE A FUN and EDUCATIONAL
TOUR OF THE FARM!
Have your celebration at Ward's Berry Farm!
Our hayride tours are fun and interesting, and the Farm is a unique venue for:
- Children's Birthday Parties
- Educational Field Trips
- Family Reunions
- Any function at all!
When your group arrives you board our covered, tractor-drawn haywagons for a tour of the farm fields. The driver makes several stops along the way to point out and explain the sights. Teachers can let the driver know of relevant curriculum items that can be integrated into the tour.
The following additional activities are included in the hayride time and price:
- March - early June: Plant a seedling to grow at home in our greenhouse.
- Mid - late June: Pick a pint of strawberries*
- July: Pick a pint of blueberries*
- August: Pick a pint of blueberries or cherry tomatoes*
- September - October: Pick a pumpkin*
- *Crop to be picked is subject to availability and may change without notice.
A typical hayride lasts approximately 45 - 60 minutes, including the additional activities listed above. There are outdoor picnic tables reserved for your use for a total of 2 hours (which includes your hayride hour). We provide the tables, seating and waste receptacles; your group provides its own meal or snack. Refrigerated storage space is available at no charge - just bring your items for the refrigerator or freezer into the store and someone will be happy to assist you.
We offer hayrides seven days a week. Groups of all ages are welcome! We can accommodate up to 75 people per timeslot. If you have more than 75 people, you will need to reserve an additional timeslot.
- Weekday hayrides start at:
AM - 8:45, 9:30, 10:00, 10:45, 11:15
PM - 12:00 12:45, 1:30, 2:00, 3:00, 4:00
- Weekend hayrides start at:
AM - 10:00, 11:00
PM - 12:30, 1:30, 3:00, 4:00
- Weekday - No deposit required.
- Weekend - $115 non-refundable deposit, payable at the time of booking.
- Fee is $11.50 per person (minimum charge $115.00 per group). This fee covers the hayride, including a seasonal produce item (approximately $3.00 in value) and a picking container. No charge for infants. For children's events, adult chaperones who are not participating in picking activities ride at no charge.
- Payment (or balance due), based on the number of people that actually attend, must be paid by your group representative to the tractor driver by cash, check or credit card by the end of the tour. Gratuities are graciously accepted, but not expected.
- Please give as much notice as possible if you must cancel for any reason.
- Hayrides are held RAIN OR SHINE! The wagons are covered, and in the event of rain, picnic benches will be moved inside one of our tents for the post-tour snacking. We reserve the right to cancel the ride in the case of extreme weather conditions or any other circumstance beyond our control. In the rare event that the tour must be cancelled due to heavy rain, every effort will be made to rebook the tour. If this is not possible, a full refund of deposit (if applicable) will be issued.
- MAGIC CASTLE BOUNCY HOUSE can be rented for $75.
- CORN MAZE can be added for $3/person in September and October.
- ADDITIONAL INFO:
- We recommend that you arrive 15 minutes early!
Your group must be ready to go at your scheduled launch time. Hayrides are scheduled back-to-back, and must begin and end promptly as scheduled. A delayed launch means your tour will be shortened. After your reserved time in the picnic area is over, your group is welcome to stay on the farm and enjoy all areas open to the public at no additional cost. Please note that picnic tables, play areas & barnyard close at 6 PM.
- Restrooms are available for your use before and after the hayride.
- Please tell us in advance if you require handicapped access or have any other special needs.
- SAFETY: Hayrides and harvesting are conducted entirely on farm premises. This tour complies with Girl Scouts of America safety regulations.
Please email if you have any questions. We look forward to hearing from you!